Lawyer in New Jersey
A wrongful death lawsuit results when an individual dies as the result of someone else’s careless or reckless conduct. In some instances, the individual dies immediately. However, in other cases, an individual may die days or weeks later. A wrongful death accident is one of the hardest for family members to death with. Many emotions develop since your loved one should not have died in the first place.
The Rubinstein Law Firm, LLC wrongful death lawyers understand that this is a very difficult and sensitive time. We are skilled in not only taking care of your needs, but also experienced and aggressive in fighting for your loved one who has died.
Types of Wrongful Death Accidents in New Jersey
- car accidents
- motorcycle accidents
- pedestrian accidents
- truck accidents
- drunk driver accidents
- medical malpractice
- nursing home neglect or negligence
- construction site accidents
- work related accidents
Who files the Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
In a wrongful death lawsuit, a representative of the decedent’s estate brings the lawsuit against the at-fault party. In most cases, the representative is typically a spouse or parent, but can be any other family member or friend chosen.
What Type of Claim can be Brought in Court?
There are a few types of claims that can be brought in wrongful death lawsuits.
- The first is a wrongful death claim in which the dependents of the deceased seek to be compensated for their loss in financial support, the monetary value of services the deceased provided to the family, and medical and funeral expenses. New Jersey law, however, does not allow a family member to seek punitive damages or damages for their emotional loss of their loved one.
- The second type of claim is a survivor’s claim, in which monetary compensation is sought for the pain and suffering the deceased endured prior to death.
- Finally, in some circumstances, a claim can be brought on behalf of someone who witnessed their loved one’s death. This is called negligent infliction of emotional distress. However, there are restrictions.
Damages Available to Those Left Behind
- Loss of future financial contributions
- Lost value of services, such as, companionship, care, loss of advice, guidance
Damages Available to the Estate for Decedent’s Survivor Claim
- Pain and suffering of the individual before he/she died
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings during period between act of harm and death
- Punitive damages if pain and suffering prior to death were a result of malicious conduct
How Can The Rubinstein Law Firm, LLC Help Me and My Family?
No attorney will ever be able to bring back your loved one. However, what we can do is assist you in making this horrific time a lot easier and obtain the full amount of compensation for you under the law. When your loved one dies unexpectedly from someone else’s carelessness, there are concerns as to who will financially take care of the children and spouse. Life is very expensive and most people do not have a huge savings cushion to get them through this hard time. We understand what you are going through, because we have helped many before you. We are here not only to get your family compensation, but also to listen and provide a shoulder to help get you through this very difficult time.
If you or someone you love has been killed as a result of someone else’s fault, you do not have to pay to see a lawyer. The Rubinstein Law Firm, LLC, offers free initial consultations where you can discuss your case with an experienced trial lawyer at no cost. Call The Rubinstein Law Firm, LLC at (609) 392-7600 for a FREE consultation.
"Mrs.Kristy Bruce Esq. IS an amazing attorney!!! She deserves many promotions and clients!! She has a heart for the people and get's the toughest jobs done. Choose HER, YOU WON'T HAVE ANY REGRET'S THAT YOU DID..FROM START TO FINISH CONCERNING YOUR CASE she will value you individually. GOD BLESS YOU Kristy Bruce and your TEAM. GO GO GO TEAM!!! & WIN."
"They have been our family attorneys for 10 years. Extremely professional. In every case they have handled for us, they have explained every step of the way. IF you looking for a law firm, look no further, they will meet your needs in every way. "