What Is New And Interesting?
If you live in New Jersey, you know that the auto insurance rates are rather high. However, how does NJ compare to other cities and states in the country? A new list shows that Detroit actually has the highest insurance premium rates in the entire country. Those living in Detroit and insure a vehicle typically pay 165% more than the national average car insurance rate. That's insane? You are probably wondering what in the world someone in Detroit pays given the amount you know you pay each month. New York and Miami are next on the list for the second and third most expensive city.
The cheapest city to insure a car goes to Charlotte, NC where you pay about 43% LESS than the national average. Where do the cities in NJ rank? Camden is actually in the top 25.
Top 25 most expensive cities to insure a car are:
1. Detroit-Warren-Ann Arbor, Mich., 165%
2. New York-Newark, N.Y.- N.J.-Conn.-Pa., 36%
3. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Port St. Lucie, Fla., 34%
4. Los Angeles-Long Beach, Calif., 25%
5. Atlanta-Athens-Clarke County-Sandy Springs, Ga., 17%
6. Sacramento-Roseville, Calif., 16%
7. San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, Calif., 10%
8. Philadelphia-Reading-Camden, Pa.-N.J.-Del.-Md., 10%
9. Houston-The Woodlands, Texas, 10%
10. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla., 9%
11. San Diego-Carlsbad, Calif., 2%
12. Boston-Worcester-Providence, Ma.-R.I.-N.H.-Conn., 2%
13. Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas-Okla., 1%
14. Portland-Vancouver-Salem, Ore., -1%
15. Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minn.-Wis., -5%
16. District of Columbia-Baltimore-Arlington, Md.-Va.-W.V.-Pa., -6%
17. Seattle-Tacoma, Wash., -10 %
18. Orlando-Deltona-Daytona Beach, Fla., -10%
19. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Ariz., -10%
20. Denver-Aurora, Colo., -12 %
21. Chicago-Naperville, Ill.-Ind.-Wis., -16%
22. St. Louis-St. Charles-Farmington, Mo.-Ill., -18%
23. Pittsburgh-New Castle-Weirton, Pa.-Ohio-W.V., -24%
24. Cleveland-Akron-Canton, Ohio, -31%
25. Charlotte-Concord, N.C.-S.C., -43%
Kristy L. Bruce enjoys the satisfaction of helping change someones life for the better. She hopes you enjoy this blog.
The Rubinstein Law Firm, LLC - New Jersey and Pennsylvania Lawyers
1675 Whitehorse Mercerville Road, Suite 206, Hamilton, NJ 08619
Follow us on:
who we are
Robert W. Rubinstein, Esq.
Kristy L. Bruce, Esq.
Injuries From Accidents
Municipal Court Complaints/Tickets